Im a huge fan of prawns, I mean prawns in any form,any time is happiness. I came across this recipe through the internet and thought will give it a try. Yes there are a load of ingredients that goes into the making but this dish is worthy of it all. This is a yummy Mangalorean dish.
- Marinate prawns with ingredients under Marinade heading . If you want the prawns to stay uncurled after cooking, pass a bamboo skewer through the prawns
- Keep it marinated for 8-24 hrs in the refrigerator.
- Grind the ingredients under paste heading to a thick paste.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan. Roast the marinated prawns till they cook. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same oil, roast the ground masala till oil leaves the sides and raw smell disappears. Add salt to taste, the marinade and the cooked prawns. Mix well and keep for 2-3 mins on slow fire. Add ghee, mix and cover.
- When the masala gets thick, transfer to serving dish, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with lemon wedges.