A recipe I got from my ammas friend and from then on have been a staple snack at home. it's yummy and addictive and colourful!!!
Mushrooms and Vegetables on SkewersA recipe I got from my ammas friend and from then on have been a staple snack at home. it's yummy and addictive and colourful!!!Lejna Ramachandran
Yellow bell peppers
Red Chilli powder
- Mix gram flour,curd,ginger garlic paste,red chilli powder,garam masala and salt. The marinade should be thick so add the gram flour as per. Marinate the mushrooms atleast half an hour before marinating the vegetables.
- Cut the bell pepper,capsicum,onion,tomato in uniform size. ensure the size of the vegetables are not more than that of the mushrooms,as the mushrooms will not get fried if the vegetables are bigger in size.
- Mix the vegetables along with the mushrooms in the marinade and keep aside for half an hour. Don't keep for long as water from the vegetables will seep into the marinade making it watery.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for a while.
- Arrange the vegetables on the skewers as per your choice. Fry them on low heat on a flat frying pan. Keep turning the skewers so that all the sides are properly fried. Serve with mint chutney or tomato sauce,they can also be had as they are.