What would you do when you have an inventory of dark chocolates? My answer Chocolate Truffles!!! Im not a huge fan of dar chocolate ,so I thought why not try out something else that involves them... And I got these sweet li'l truffles... Its super easy and super tasty...!!
- Break the dark chocolate bar into small pieces or powder them and place in a microwave friendly bowl.
- Heat the cream on slow flame,add butter,sugar,lemon zest and basil to it.Once it starts frothing remove from flame.
- Sieve in the cream mixture into the bowl with chocolate and mix well.Do not beat it,just mix with a spoon.
- If the mixture doesnt turn smooth you can heat it in the microwave for about a minute and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled wrap the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate the mix overnight.
- Dust a plate or a flat surface with cocoa powder. With the help of a spoon or better a melon baller scoop small portions from the ganache and roll into small balls and place on the cocoa powder.
- If the ganache is very soft,then you can add a little bit more of chocolate by heating the mix and refrigerating it again .
- Roll it over the powder till its properly coated. Repeat until all the ganache is used.
- Keep truffles in an airtight container in fridge, but serve at room temperature.