Chicken pepper steak is like my all time favourite... and if its a sizzler then its heaven on earth! But since I dont have the apparatus to make a sizzler at home I stick to the usual steak with rice and stir fried vegetables. But this time I thought I'd experiment a little bit with a new stuff my friend introduced me to... Cous cous! Its basically a North African dish,mostly Moroccan.This is my own recipe, so if you guys find something to be altered or not right do intimate me :-) Other than that,enjoy yourselves !!!!
- Marinate the chicken breasts for almost 2-3 hours in half of the Worcestershire sauce,pepper,vinegar and salt.
- Drip off the excess marinade and place the steaks in a pan greased with half of the butter at medium heat and fry for 5 minutes on each side to get a deep brown colour to the steak.
- Once the brown colour is attained simmer the heat and add the marinade to the pan with 1/2 cup water,rest of the sauces and salt as per your need and cook the chicken till done and the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Saute onion rings,potato,capsicum and mushroom in butter for about 5 minutes and add to the steak mix and close the pan.
- Place 2 cups of cous cous in a bowl and add 4 cups of boiling water with salt as needed and melted butter. Close the bowl and keep aside for 10 minutes. The cous cous is done. You can fluff it with a fork.
- Serve the steak and vegetables over the cous cous.